You are FIVE years old! And, life with you is such a treasure and full of so much fun! You love Legos and currently have converted your train table to a Lego building table. Every day, there is at least one Lego creation being built. I try my best to keep them organized and color sorted, but they inevitably end up in a rainbow heap by the end of the week. We are now reading chapter books at bedtime; currently, we are reading the first Harry Potter book and you love to listen and ask a lot of questions- I think the question asking is what you use to stay awake. Usually, you fall asleep after five (or fewer) pages and it is so sweet to watch you sleep…when you are still, I’m reminded of how little you still are.
You continue to be quite opinionated, creative, and very good at telling stories. Your name always attracts a lot of attention. People love to call you by your full name- Jack Lamar- and often say you are going to be famous one day, maybe the President or an actor. I think movie Director is more your style and I think that would be something you would love doing as you do it so well now with our stories and our play.
You are also still very sweet and cuddly and give the best kind of kisses and hugs. You are a great friend and are well loved at school by peers your own age and those who are much younger. You love to be a big helper, you get shy in busy situations with a lot of stimulation but are quick to warm up, and you still want Mama and Dada to go everywhere with you which makes us proud and so happy.
I’m continuing our birthday tradition by asking you this same set of questions each year at this time…it is fun to see the changes and the similarities in the answers from year to year!
1. What is your favorite color? Red and Black
2. What is your favorite toy? Big Batman
3. What is your favorite fruit? Mango
4. What is your favorite thing to watch on TV? Halloween Curious George
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Peanut butter and jelly
6. What is your favorite thing to wear? My new ‘5’ birthday shirt
7. What is your favorite game? PAC Man
8. What is your favorite snack? Ice cream
9. What is your favorite animal? Hawk
10. What is your favorite song? Darth Vader theme song
11. What is your favorite book? Star Wars Lego book
12. Who is your best friend? Hanna
13. What is your favorite cereal? Lucky Charms
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? play on the playground
15. What is your favorite drink? Lemonade
16. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Teddy (Emory bear) and Timothy
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Pancakes
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Mac and cheese
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? Batman!
I love you, Bug, to the moon and back a million times over, or as you like to tell me, “I love you even more than the moon!”